Monday, November 9, 2009

On Undead.

I saw Undead last night. I suppose I could write out a synopsis and full review, but there are only two things you really need to know about this film.

1. There is a triple quadruple pump-action shotgun.* (As seen on the poster.)

2. A fisherman punches a zombie trout in the face, then shoots it with a 1911.

Is it actually a good movie? I was somewhat consistently entertained for 106 minutes. There is a noticeable absence of things that high-falutin' critics like (such as, for instance, characterization), and the brisk pace almost covers up the lack of coherent progression. There isn't consistently funny enough to file it next to, say, Bad Taste on the ANZAC horror-comedy shelf, but the tongue stays firmly in the cheek the whole time.

------

* That seems to be made out of Mosin-Nagant and SMLE parts, but never mind.

1 comment:

MauserMedic said...

Not a bad film, as I recall. I need to check out some the IMDB sites films it's compared to, never heard of a bunch of them.