Sunday, March 9, 2008

I suppose this is how one writes a novel.

I find myself re-reading my blog entries, tweaking prose, clipping lines with unintentional meanings or misleading syntax, and generally refusing to let sleeping dogs lie. I suppose this is both a blessing of publishing in this manner (nothing is ever quite finished, and can be improved on - think of it as a 'rolling edition,' rather than re-releasing a book every few years, which only established books of fairly wide distribution seem to have the luxury of doing) and a curse (release now, patch later, insult someone greviously albeit unintentionally, fix problem and apologize profusely, etc). I suppose writers do the same thing for other forms of writing, without being able to release publicly before the actual release.

This is probably a very sloppy way to blog. Whatever.

No comments: